How to prevent phishing scams?
Beware of Phishing Scams
Phishing is an illegal attempt to defraud you into giving sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, etc. to gain access to your accounts and potentially steal from you. Other similar scams include SMS (smishing) with malicious links or voice calls (vishing) to collect your information.
- Harbor will never ask for your credentials over email, phone or in text messages.
- Harbor will never ask you to disable account security settings such as 2-step verification etc.
- Below are some tips for Harbor users to detect phishing emails.
- Phishing emails most of the times require urgent action
- Confirm that the links in the email you received is from Harbor – make sure the domain is harbor.com
- Type the URL for Harbor (www.harbor.com) in your browser rather than clicking on links.
If you receive a request for your information from someone claiming to work for Harbor, never give them any information and report it immediately to email@example.com